So…I’m actually pretty on board - more than I thought I would be - with RM’s plans…I’ve skimmed all the interviews but was a little overwhelmed and freaked out, so I could have missed things, but here is the flavour of what I’m getting:
1. Time jump in season 6 - my guess is a couple of years/end of college type thing.
2. Kurt and Blaine will break up in the season finale - their ‘saga’ is a big part of the final season…the theme of the season is comeback…so I imagine them finding each other again is the plan….(I actually predicted this quietly to a couple of people when Brad F said the theme of season 6 was comeback…they can vouch for me. I’ve been thinking this for a while). Yes, I’m sad about it. Very.
3. The new location??? - I guess LA is one part of that??
4. No newbies. Maybe briefly at one point, but that was RM’s nice way of saying - thanks for a great job but we’re focusing on the originals.
5. The cast will remain small and focused and probably who we think. (Not Hemo full time, and Santana’s name was conspicuously absent from that article).
6. The one thing I’m finding weird - He doesn’t talk about Kurt other than the tease about Russia (lol)…are we going to have a period of Blaine and Rachel in LA without Kurt? (I am SURE Chris isn’t leaving the show - not a chance. And he also said the klaine saga is a big part of the season). I’d like to get some clarification on the Kurt factor here. I think it’s worth pressing RM on this in the Q/A tonight.
I was actually worried they were going to re-introduce Lima, all the newbies, have klaine break up, be in 2 different cities and in that context find each other again. This time jump with many few characters is definitely preferable to me.
But yeah, I know I kept saying it. But at ep 5.01 there was WAY too much Glee left for happily ever after. It’s a show about growing up. Let’s just hope they continue to get a lot of focus a few years down the road.
This pretty well sums up my feelings.